The Association for the Promotion of Polish Language Abroad (APPLA), based in Edinburgh (Scotland), is a non-profit organisation promoting Polish as a heritage or second language, as well as mother tongue.
Our organisation was established in 2014 and since then we have worked on a number of projects – independently and with numerous partners in the UK, in Poland and across the world.
We aim to represent and promote the interests of the Polish language in Scotland, the United Kingdom and the wider world.
At APPLA we are committed to deliver our stated goals through:
- campaigning for creating opportunities for multilingual development of children (not only of Polish origin),
- promoting and supporting teaching and learning of Polish as a heritage language (through workshops, conferences, publication of teaching guidelines and teaching materials),
- taking part in promotional campaigns and events related to the use of the Polish language,
- promoting the learning Polish as a foreign language outside of Poland.
We are always keen to establish cooperation with government and non-government organisations and institutions, so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
All those interested in supporting the Association for the Promotion of Polish Language Abroad are invited to become our members.
TO BECOME A MEMBER:
1. Read our constitution carefully.
3. Pay the membership fee.
Our annual membership fee for 2022 is £10.00 for individual members and £30.00 for organisations and institutions.
The fee can be paid via bank transfer to our Bank of Scotland account:
Association for the Promotion of Polish Language Abroad
Sort code: 80 22 60
Account number: 12070962
for international payments:
IBAN: GB42 BOFS 8022 6012 0709 62
Phone: (0044) 7707 274 361
64a Cumberland Street
Edinburgh EH3 6RE
APPLA is a registered Scottish charity (SCIO) with charity number SC045911